What is SEO?
SEO is also known as ‘Search Engine Optimisation’. To put it simply it is the activity of improving your website’s ranking by appearing more highly in search results and acquiring organic “natural” traffic from search engines to your business.
All major search engines such as Google and Bing have search results that contain websites when you enter a search term. These websites are primarily ranked by their website authority and by what these search engines consider to be contextually relevant to online users.
Our job is to ensure that we conduct professional SEO strategies which are Google approved to develop your website’s authority. Over time, this will increase the rankings of your website on search engines and you will notice the following:
- An increase in rankings which will lead to increased organic traffic coming to your website;
- New potential leads and sale opportunities generated from the increase in traffic; and
- Greater brand visibility in organic search results.
As a result of our professional SEO strategy, your website will benefit greatly and it will generate a return on your investment (ROI) for the money you have invested into SEO within the long term. As shown in the image below, the rate of investment in SEO will actually decrease over time* as the website becomes established in search results.
*Note: Time frame of the decreased rate of SEO investment will differ based on various factors such as industry competitiveness.
Can I do SEO myself?
Of course, you can. In theory, you can renovate your own house, do your accounting, legal advice and your own marketing. In some cases, it is best left to the professionals. If you are willing to sacrifice the time and energy required for learning and mastering the craft then we wish you all the best. However, depending on the source of information you are learning from, the complexity of issues on your website it is highly likely you will do more harm than good in ranking your website. Many people apply incorrect, outdated or malicious information which would breach Googles best practices and penalise their business.
SEO like many other industries have strict guidelines implemented by Google which will detrimentally impact the ranking of your website if not adhered to properly. Google also changes the algorithms and metrics which determine rankings frequently. Often many SEO beginners get caught out due to lack of experience and using outdated methods which no longer are useful. There are many things that may go wrong if you are not using highly skilled and experienced professionals. Hiring a professional service provider like SEO Venator gives peace of mind that you are in the right hands with professionals with years of experience who have worked with blue chip clientele providing a work quality guarantee.
Does my business really need SEO?
SEO is a crucial marketing method to help grow your online empire. Simply spreading your business through word of mouth or traditional advertisement is simply not enough to compete in our current competitive market. Having a website that does not rank on the first few page(s) of Google is the equivalent of not appearing on Google at all. Google’s own statistics suggest that over 85% of users rarely go beyond the first page of Google when searching for business, service or product.
If you are unwilling to invest in your business long term then you cannot reasonably expect it to grow.
How long will it take for my website to see any SEO improvements?
This depends on a few factors. If your business has had any previous SEO work done, the competitiveness and nature of your business niche and your budget. Reasonable expectations would see a sharp increase within the first 2-3 months. This increase would plateau with a steady linear increase with exponential growth for the next 8-12 months (refer to the ROI/ Effort graph above).
How expensive is SEO?
Like any profession, the fees depend on the nature of the work needed, the business goals of the client, issues faced within the site and competitiveness of terms which your site is ranking for.
However, SEO Venator can offer competitive and flexible prices without comprising quality which many agencies cannot match. We do not charge on an hourly basis, we charge on a monthly retainer and we also offer one-off micro SEO services for those starting with a small budget.
For a ball park figure it is reasonable to budget $1,200 per month for SEO for at least 6-12 months for substantial results for a small – medium sized business. Comparatively most agencies charge between $3,000 -$5,000+ per month.
What is your SEO process?
1.Executing a top line technical audit
- Conducting a technical audit is imperative before any other SEO work is completed. This is because the audit identifies how search engine friendly the website, identifies performance strengths / weaknesses and we can analyse any existing and potential technical issues.
- Without understanding these issues, future SEO activities may be less effective which will negatively impact your website’s performance and your ROI in the long term
- Another reason is simply that most website owners mistakenly believe that their website is technically sound and fully optimised when in reality this is not the case.
Please note: All technical implementations from the audit will need to be conducted by your developer.
- Keyword research, put simply, is the process of collecting a wide range of keywords and search phrases that people enter into search engines in relation to a specific product, service or industry.
- Keyword research is used to develop the initial SEO strategy (after the technical audit).
Keyword research helps to develop the initial SEO strategy by the following:
- Creates the basis for tracking ranking performance and industry share of voice.
- Builds the foundation of the content analysis by identifying content gaps and optimisation opportunities. This helps to create new opportunities to drive traffic.
- Identifies short and long tail keywords which will be used to create ranking and content opportunities.
- Sheds light on user intent and behaviour
3.Topline backlink analysis
- A backlink analysis is conducted to understand the link profile of the website. The link profile provides an indication of the number of external links and quality of links that are linking to the website.
- Having a good understanding of the scale and quality of links is important. It enables an SEO specialist to identify if the website is in risk of having unnatural, deceptive or manipulative links which can result in a penalty Google.
- Most of the time website owners / operators are not fully aware of the quality of links going to their website. If these links are left un-resolved over a certain period of time it may in result in a potential penalty from Google. This could result in hurting the website’s ranking and traffic performance ultimately hurting the owner’s bottom line.
- Other benefits of a backlink analysis is to identify opportunities where a website may be able to obtain high quality links that meet SEO best practice standards.
- It provides an overview of the current content that is on the website and how the content is performing from a traffic, engagement and conversion perspective.
- This analysis coupled with keyword research can identify potential content gaps that can be capitalised to drive additional traffic and conversion opportunities to the website.
Can you guarantee top rankings for all my keywords?
This question is very common with a majority of clients and our response is the same “if anyone can guarantee top rankings for everything – run away immediately”. No reputable SEO firm, agency or consultant does this. Even Google has come out and states that “No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.” However, SEO Venator will put in the maximum effort in ensuring that the best possible ranking performance is achieved for our clients.
Will anyone from SEO Venator be changing anything on my website?
SEO Venator will make no changes to your website’s back end, theme or overall CMS (Content Management System). For any changes to be made, you will need to do it through a web developer. The only thing we would be doing is assessing if there is anything to flag from an SEO perspective any findings will be passed on to you and your developer.
What is my Return on Invest (ROI) of SEO?
On average the ROI of SEO is high within the long term. This reason is that the longer you invest into developing your website’s SEO performance the greater the traffic, brand awareness and user engagement that leads to higher long will term ROI.
We believe spending a small sum of money to double or potentially triple your audience is crucial in today’s competitive market. Let us assume you spend $12,000 a year on SEO. However, because of SEO you may have converted 1000 extra leads each value at $1000 each leaving you a net profit of $88,000. SEO is an investment.
Do you work with International Clients?
Of course! We currently have clients across the globe from USA, Europe and South America. Our only stipulation is the work being completed must be in English. We can accommodate any clientele which requires SEO.